1) 4-5 boiled and mashed medium sized aloo(Potatoes)
2)salt as per taste
3)red chilli powder 1/2 tbsp
4)amchoor powder 1/2 tbsp
5)turmeric 1 tsp
6)Half bunch of Methi(fenugreek leaves) washed and chopped finely
7)1 and half cups of wheat flour
9)2 green chillies finely chopped
10) Oil as required
1) Mix all the spices in wheat flour...and also add chopped methi leaves...and knead little tight dough with little water
2)Now take the mashed Potatoes and mix it with spices of your choice(like salt red chilli powder,amchoor powder)...you can leave it plain also....since already spices are added to dough....But i would suggest to add little spices for potatoes also.... if you like more chatpata paratha
3)Make small Balls out of kneaded dough.... and roll them over in small thick circles
4) Apply oil over the surface and then stuff mashed potatoes..seal the edges together
5) now roll it slowly ....just like the size of rotis
6)Place the paratha on preheated griddle
7) Brush with oil and flip over....on the other side also brush with oil..and cook till golden brown patches appear on both the sides...
8)Cook till it is well done.
9) Hot paratha is ready...you can have it with curd and Pickle
** Sometimes the edges seem to crack.... It happens with me too...like you see in the above pic...But No worries... as long as it tastes good.....ALL IS WELL !
Sending this recipe to Cooking Concepts- Whats for Friday Dinner??? by Sravani