Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Water- ¼-½ cup
Oil – to deep fry
2 teaspoon oil to add while making dough
1) Add salt to wheat flour and mix, then add 2 teaspoon oil and mix, then add water (preferably lukewarm) and knead the dough with your greased palms until firm and smooth.
2) Set the dough aside by covering it with damp cloth for atleast 20 minutes.
3) Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and roll the dough into balls and now flatten it between your palms
4) Now with the rolling pin roll each into 5-6 inch circles, slightly thick
5) Heat Oil for deep frying, and when the oil is hot, , ( to check if the oil is hot ,place a very small piece of dough in oil, if it right away floats to the top , then it is hot enough, Remember oil should never be smoky but always hot enough)..then deep fry the pooris one by one,on both sides,till slightly golden
6) If the pooris don’t puff, press it with skimmer slightly while frying and it will puff.
7) Place the pooris on paper towel to drain off any oil .
8) Serve it with Sooji Halwa , and kala chana as a traditional Navratri feast